Disrupt everyday life with leading computer vision technology. Win over $10000 in cash prizes.
ReKognition is the most powerful and accurate visual recognition engine. It enables computers to recognize faces, scenes, and objects, thus providing detailed metadata about pictures and video footage. What then can be done with this metadata is a whole new story. We are offering you an exciting opportunity to be a part of our vision in developing a futuristic world with endless possibilities.
You are free to unleash your imagination and creativity to build web-based or mobile applications using our industry-leading API or SDK. There are a variety of industries and use cases, and whether or not it is for professional uses or just a good laugh, we know you can make something cool. If you don’t know where to start or what industry you want to target, here are a few examples:
1. Deja Vu: use our face, concept and scene recognition to enhance your mobile video experience. http://challengepost.com/software/deja-vu
2. The hottie finder: use our face recognition to find the hottie among all your facebook friends! https://apps.facebook.com/thehottiefinder/
3. Selfie Aware: use our face recognition to find out how much you like selfie! http://challengepost.com/software/selfieaware
4. Our own app "rekome" may also inspire your ideas! https://reko.me/
Besides faces, you could use our recognition engine to find dogs/cats, food, scenes and landmarks! Mobile Apps, websites, extentions and other forms of product are all welcomed! Yes, some of these already exist on the internet, but obviously you can do a better job with the stronger technology. We are really excited to see what you can come up with and how it will change people’s lives. In the words of Marc Andreessen, Founder of Andreessen Horowitz: “Software is eating the world.” Get started - play around with the ReKognition technology, register for the challenge—and let your software eat up this world!
Orbeus is a computer vision company that empowers computers to see better than humans. We are the first and only company to provide a proprietary cloud-based image analysis solution that makes sense of faces, scenes and objects all together. Our technology—a comprehensive visual recognition solution—was industry leading and the most accuracy according to ImageNet Large Scale Visual Recognition Challenge 2013.
Since our launch two years ago, our API platform (http://www.rekognition.com/) has received strong traction from different industries. We are also working with some of the top electronic device manufacturers to integrate technology into their next-generation devices.
- You have reached the age of majority where you live.
- You can participate as an individual or a team, or as an organization (with no more than 50 people).
- If you are in a team, you will submit one entry in registration and list all team members.
- If you are under the age of majority (typically 18), you must have a parent/guardian that provides consent and signs the waiver.
- Use Orbeus technologies (ReKognition API, ReKognition SDKs) with your application
- Use the following platforms: web (could be add-ons, extensions or applications based on facebook, instagram, etc.), Windows, Mac OS X, iOS, Android
- When sign up for a FREE Starter Plan (or higher) for the Rekognition API, please use your legal name and common email address for registration; mention product name and Challenge Spot in use case is also suggested. These information will be needed for the awarding of the final prize.
- A working app with everything needed to run the app
- A written description of the app (no more than 200 words)
- A demo video on YouTube or Vimeo (no longer than three minutes) that demonstrates what the app does. You must be legally allowed to use all the content in your video, including footage, music, and images
- One or more screenshots of your application
Note: All submission materials must be in English; if not, you must provide either an English translation of all the materials.
How to enter
- Register an account on ChallengePost
- Sign up for a FREE Starter Plan (or higher) for the Rekognition API on http://www.rekognition.com/user/create. Please use your legal name and common email address for registration and mention your product name and ChallengePost; mentioning product name and ChallengePost in "use case" is also suggested. This information will be needed for the awarding of the final prize.
- Register for this event
- Create your app & submit before the deadline!
Product Manager at Orbeus
COO and VP of Business Development at Orbeus
Founding Partner at zPark Venture
Partner at zPark Venture
Quality of Idea/Vision
Includes creativity and originality
Implementation of ReKognition API/SDK
Best use of Orbeus’ technology
Execution of Idea
Does it bring the idea to life? Function properly? Are the technicalities well-designed?
Potential for Commercialization and Impact
Are consumers actually interested in this product? How will it impact society?