- You have reached the age of majority where you live.
- You can participate as an individual or a team, or as an organization (with no more than 50 people).
- If you are in a team, you will register individually and indicate the team name in your registration.
- If you are under the age of majority (typically 18), you must have a parent/guardian that provides consent and signs the waiver.
- Use Orbeus technologies (ReKognition API, ReKognition SDKs) with your application
- Use the following platforms: web (could be add-ons, extensions or applications based on facebook, instagram, etc.), Windows, Mac OS X, iOS, Android
- When sign up for a FREE Starter Plan (or higher) for the Rekognition API, please use your legal name and common email address for registration; mention product name and Challenge Spot in use case is also suggested. These information will be needed for the awarding of the final prize.
- A working app with everything needed to run the app
- A written description of the app (no more than 200 words)
- A demo video on YouTube or Vimeo (no longer than three minutes) that demonstrates what the app does. You must be legally allowed to use all the content in your video, including footage, music, and images
- One or more screenshots of your application
Note: All submission materials must be in English; if not, you must provide an English translation of all the materials.
Requirements and Rules
- The participants retain full ownership of the code they write.
- Participants acknowledge and agree that, by submitting their Entry, the related Intellectual Property becomes public domain. Therefore, Orbeus waives any responsability over the use of the Intellectual Property of the Entry by third parties.
- By entering the Challenge, the participant shall grant to Orbeus a royalty-free, non-exclusive, transferable, worldwide, and perpetual license to display publicly and use the Entry for promotional purposes. This license includes, but is not limited to, posting or linking to the Entry on Orbeus website and applications, and display and promotion of the Entry in any other media, worldwide. The name or nickname of the participant will not be displayed for the advertisement and promotion of the Challenge or Orbeus.
- The application must integrate with Orbeus technologies: Rekognition API, Rekognition SDK.
- Applications can be built for the following platforms: Web, Windows, Mac, iOS and Android
- Each Contestant will be required to provide the following as part of the submission: 1. A demonstration video that showcases the functionality of the app 2. Text description that explains the features and functionality of the Application 3. An image showing screenshots of your working app.
- Projects must be your own (your team's) and must respect all copyright, trademark, and IP of any API's or sources of code/content that you incorporate. You and your team are solely responsible for not violating any IP ownership/usage rights.
- Your project cannot have been selected as a winner in another contest.
- You can’t steal another team’s source code
- Note that Orbeus reserves the right to cancel or postpone the event, if the required minimum number of groups and participants is not reached. This limit is set to a minimum of 15 people and 5 different groups.
Warranty and indemnity
- As the sole and exclusive owner of the entries, Participants shall warrant that they will not infringe any rights of the third party including portrait rights, moral rights, design rights, patent rights, utility model rights, copyrights, program copyrights and trade secrets.
- “Orbeus” and “ChallengePost” do not have the responsibility to intervene in any dispute regarding an entry to the Challenge between a Participant and a third party. Such matters are wholly the responsibility of the individuals concerned and “Orbeus” and “ChallengePost” cannot be held responsible or accountable in any way.
- If a participant violates these Terms or relevant laws and a dispute against Orbeus arises or is likely to arise, the participant (all team members for team participants, the corporation as a whole for corporate participants) shall defend “Orbeus” at their own expense and responsibility, compensate “Orbeus” for any losses suffered by “Orbeus” as a result and take all appropriate measures requested by “Orbeus” in relation to the event.
- We, in our sole discretion, reserve the right to disqualify any project containing racial, religious, or ethnic slurs, explicit language, obscene, pornographic, violent, or sexual content, or libel, hate speech, references to alcohol, drugs or other illicit substances, or otherwise objectionable, offensive, illegal, inappropriate or prohibited material.